I am getting the error 'ssl_connect error 5' when I try to download with IDM. How to fix it?
1. It happens when I try to download from Youtube.
In such case you need to fix your IDM browser integration. Please read how to fix IDM integration into all popular browsers.
2. It happens with all downloads when Kaspersky Internet Security is active
You need to follow these steps:
- You should be able to see hidden folders. Please read here how to see hidden folders in Windows Explorer
- Open Kaspersky Internet Security application, select Settings, select "General Settings", uncheck "Enable Self-Defense" option, select "Save" and select "Yes" - to confirm the action.
- Exit Kaspersky Internet Security application - right click on the Kaspersky Internet Security icon in Windows task bar and select "Exit" from pop-up menu.
- Go to folder "C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\" and delete all files and folders inside it.
- Start Kaspersky Internet Security application again.
- Check "Enable Self-Defense" option back.
- Shutdown the computer (using Shutdown, not Restart), then power on and check if the problem persists.