When I pause or cancel a download, network conneciton status or some network monitor applications show that IDM is still getting data. Why does it happen?
This means that some application on your computer does not understand that IDM closed a socket and continue to download. It can be some kind of security application or FireWall.
For example such problem is confirmed with BitDefender. To solve it please, follow these steps:
- Open "BitDefender→Settings" icon (in the upper right part of the window). Then select "General Settings".
- Go to the "Update" tab.
- Select "Prompt before downloading".
- Now restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Browse to: "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2016" folder.
- Locate the file "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_".
- Restart the computer in Normal mode.
- Once the product will want to update, please make sure to select only the Virus Signature option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safe Mode.